Sagaku Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the City and surrounding areas of Sagaku the nightmare of many has come to life. The Earths final remaining survivors strive to survive in a morbid world where the dead walk the streets and the living struggle to live on...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rules for making characters.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Riley
Admin
Riley

Number of posts : 43
Skill Points :
Rules for making characters. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rules for making characters. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-27

Rules for making characters. Empty
PostSubject: Rules for making characters.   Rules for making characters. I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:50 am

Hello and welcome to Sagaku Wars. My name is Riley, I will be your host for this lovely evening. As we welcome you to come by and freely browse our happy selection of fronts and Roleplays, if you are willing to submit a character we have to ask you to follow a few simple guidelines.

First off: This is a different forum from the rest. As much as we want you to flow with your creations with your character, we ask that you follow the chains of evolution. These chains of evolution mean that your character does not start off with uber mad skills, abilities, or heavy weaponry when they step through the doorway. As much as we want characters to flourish, we have to put some restraints on those coming in fresh from the start. Here are some basic guidelines:

No one starts off with an automatic rifle. At best, you may get a small caliber rifle. (22LR, maybe a semi automatic 223 variant).

Handguns to consider: In the beginning, we ask that most persons only use low caliber handguns. These include 9mm, 40 cal, 22, 25, etc. Derringers, Glocks, Berettas, etc are examples of such weaponry. When you evolve, they include 45s, 357s, etc. As much as I hate to say it, but I guess I will allow those deagles kids love now-a-days. I never understood why people are so fascinated with the shitty 50 cal Israeli action express, I can easily take someone down with a 22 Long Rifle. Nevertheless, if you want to tote around something like that in the beginning... don't expect to walk around with more than a boot knife.

Abilities are based on evolution as well. Don't expect your character to have fireball level 5000 when you first step out the door. If you want something to base your evolution status, all abilities start growing or maturing at the beginning of the explosion. No one comes in with lvl 50 fire, lvl 20 heal, and lvl 99 ice storm.. We are not trying to suppress characters, we are just trying to be slightly realistic.

Realisms to consider: when fighting an enemy, your weapon choice is considered vital to your situation. At mid to high range, rifles are only able to reach a target. These rifles have to be a stronger grade than 22LR at high ranges. Don't expect any kind of pistol round (even modified) to reach a target. At closer ranges, shotguns, automatics, and handguns are more deadly than semi automatic rifles. I do not have to explain this system. This should be understood inertly when you RP.

Will anyone be a judge to your characters? Probably not. Will there be consequences? Maybe. You can put your abilities and such on your character, free of charge. You can show that your character owns a 50 cal mounted machine gun for all I care. But out in the field (in the beginning) don't expect your character to be able to tote such a heavy object. Traveling lighter means you travel faster. Being a tote hog means you are going to be slow. Its all how you shape your character, from there its your game. I just want to put some restrictions to keep it close to realism as possible.
Back to top Go down
Riley
Admin
Riley

Number of posts : 43
Skill Points :
Rules for making characters. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rules for making characters. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-27

Rules for making characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for making characters.   Rules for making characters. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:08 pm

Abilities and such are under discussion. Although we allow a few things into consideration, most abilities are not accepted at this time. We allow feats and professional traits, such as slightly better reflexes, strengths, or sprinting... but fireballs and ice veils do not fit with this element of RPG. If you would like, you can contact me on my yahoo account to discuss which abilities will be accepted or not.

Read this for weapon restrictions:
https://sagakuwars.rpg-board.net/ooc-and-suggestions-f16/weapons-scale-t71.htm

Thanks,
MGMT
Back to top Go down

Rules for making characters.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sagaku Wars :: General Info :: Character Profiles-
Jump to: