Sagaku Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the City and surrounding areas of Sagaku the nightmare of many has come to life. The Earths final remaining survivors strive to survive in a morbid world where the dead walk the streets and the living struggle to live on...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skills

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sparky

Number of posts : 20
Skill Points :
Skills Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Skills Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-09

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Skills   Skills I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:42 am

This is something that I feel would work great here: characters having skills based on what they did before the outbreak, such as gunslinging, skating, driving, free-running/parkour that would give people a certain sense of who to go to when they need a certain thing. While I'm not suggesting some BS 20 point system, I'm suggesting something that would make it so people would have a better sense of who they're going to, and just quite what the other person is going to do. Take my character for example, he would fit in the scout area, and skills I'd include with such would probably be stealth, marksmanship, parkour/free-running, skating, biking, etc. Another thing to say would be these guys who run around with swords to use offensively, they would have skills such as longevity in combat, strikes that cut deep due to the strength required to handle a sword, etc, etc, etc.
Back to top Go down
Etna
Admin
Etna

Number of posts : 48
Skill Points :
Skills Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Skills Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-02

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 7:53 pm

While what you offer is very good to take in to consideration and what not, I still feel we have to keep the point system in. Why? simple. We want to make this RP at least slightly Challenging! Yes you can have your skills, but you have to earn them first! You have to work your way back up to being able to use them! And believe me! the 20 points are easy to earn! I haven't had the chance to give the points out just yet! but I'll get to work on it today. and you Mr. Sparky, will be the first to receive his points!

Just cause you reminded me o_o;; xD
Back to top Go down
https://sagakuwars.rpg-board.net
Nicholas

Number of posts : 21
Skill Points :

Registration date : 2008-06-04

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 4:12 pm

How are the points going to be distrubited?
I think I spelled that right... But yeah, just curious.
Back to top Go down
Riley
Admin
Riley

Number of posts : 43
Skill Points :

Registration date : 2008-05-27

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 5:13 pm

Each Role playing post is considered 1 point I believe. Once you receive 20, you can goto the next tier of weaponry.

Skills I am iffy about. I would love to get technical, but my D20 or DnD based terminology is at low levels of understanding. Basically, your own personal abilities should be at your discretion. If your character can shoot really well, then fine have at it. If hes an ace marksmen, then have at your cup of tea. But be a bit reasonable, don't make him an ace marksmen, a demolition expert, medical provisionalist, and some kind of strategic mastermind overall aspects of everything. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, it is really upto the RPer to decide.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas

Number of posts : 21
Skill Points :

Registration date : 2008-06-04

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 2:04 pm

Okay.

Hmm. Well the only thing would be about my guy is he would be a Marksman, not expert but to the point with the Bow. He probable won't use any actual guns unless he has too... But yeah. I get what your saying.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skills
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sagaku Wars :: OOC and suggestions :: Forum related Topics!-
Jump to: